Digital Forge Launch - Design a Miniature Competition!
We are pleased to announce the upcoming launch of Anvil Digital Forge, offering new and existing Anvil Industry designs for home 3D printing!
The ongoing lockdown in the UK has made it very difficult for us to continue development of new releases for our resin product lines. Anvil Digital Forge will allow our experienced design team to continue creating high-quality new sci-fi miniatures which can be released as digital files immediately.
We will be launching on Patreon with various affordable subscription options, as well as making STL files available for individual purchase on our webstore.
Our digital range will complement our physical products - offering alternative poses, additional options and compatible modular components!
In the future we hope to have enough capacity to produce some of the new miniatures in resin.
We are still developing ideas for our Digital Forge so your ideas, feedback and suggestions are very welcome!
Would you like to work with our design team to create an original miniature?
To celebrate the launch of Anvil Digital Forge, and also recently hitting 20,000 Likes on our Facebook page, we are offering an opportunity to design an original Regiments or Burning Rose Character figure and win some great prizes!
From today until 2 May 2020 (midnight BST), we will be accepting your character design submissions. We will then take a little time to draw up a shortlist of 3 of our favourite submissions and create a piece of new concept art for each of them. These will be displayed with a poll on our Facebook page, so that you can vote on which design gets finalised and released as a digital miniature! We may also release the winning design in resin.
The creator of each design that makes the shortlist will receive a free high quality 3D print of the winning miniature, a high res digital copy of the concept art we create for their design, plus all the 3D print files made available in the first 3 months of our Digital Forge project. The overall winner also gets a £50 store voucher!
We will be releasing more information about our Digital Forge in the next couple of weeks, and will be using this competition to showcase our design process from your concept through to a finished 3D printable miniature!
What you need to enter:
- A description (max. 500 words!!) of what the character looks like, including armour/clothing, what they are carrying, how they might be posed and any other important details.
- As many reference images to help communicate your idea as you can find. These can be links, montages of different photos and/or your own original sketches, the more specific the better.
- You do not have to have amazing artistic skills - we are most interested in a clearly explained original concept/idea.
Submit everything via email to: email@example.com
- We are looking for original ideas only, we won’t just be making ‘x’ character from ‘y’ movie.
- Our range is focused on science fiction miniatures, so entries which are purely fantasy or historical are unlikely to be selected (fantasy or historical elements/themes are very welcome).
- Just one, human sized figure please (up to 40mm tall) ; no vehicles, dioramas or big scenic bases.
- Our manufacturing process and materials have some limitations. We will be working with the winner to translate their idea into something we can create, but as a general rule, thin, free floating components (chains, strips of cloth, long, thin weapon hafts or barrels) don’t work well.
- As a 28mm miniature, there is also a limit on fine detail. So bear in mind that any small elements (buttons, badges, straps, etched armour, jewelry) will need to be greatly enlarged, simplified or omitted.
- Have a look at our existing character models for a good idea of what's possible.
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- Professional miniature designers, those who have previously undertaken paid miniature design work, are not permitted to enter.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Entries received after midnight, BST, on 2 May 2020 will be disqualified.
- No cash alternative.
- Anvil Industry Ltd reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of similar value at its own discretion.
- Anvil Industry Ltd also reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
- Employees of Anvil Industry Ltd, their families, agents, or anyone else connected with the competition are not permitted to enter.
- Entries that include designs or ideas which are copied in part or whole from intellectual property belonging to others will be disqualified, please do not submit them.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting an entry to this competition you grant Anvil Industry Ltd a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable and sub-licensable right and license to copy, reproduce, modify, display, translate, transfer, implement, exploit, sell, distribute, communicate to the public, and otherwise use submitted ideas and concepts, even if your idea is not shortlisted/does not win.
- For the shortlisted entries a digital version of the winning figure with a license for personal use will also be included with 3D printed models.